How do you position your website to rank high in search engines? Become a knowledge purveyor by writing and publishing articles. Though article marketing is a raze for improved search engine positions, quality articles are few and far between. Search engines value quality contents to remain competitive in today’s information hungry society. Knowing the following 10 rules will enable you to publish quality articles that feeds information hungry search engines.
1. Use the three Bs rule. Your article should accomplish at least one of the three Bs – espouse bright ideas, explain benefits of former ideas, or details how to bring about functioning ideas. If you are able to accomplish all the three Bs succinctly in one article, than you have truly created a high quality masterpiece.
2. Find your niche – things you are good at and subjects you like to explore. The only goal of writing articles should be to give knowledge to others. Forget about keyword optimizations, keyword research, traffic generation, monetization or what ever you have learnt before. Research your topics and explain it in the simplest way you can. You are successful in achieving your goals if a person with little knowledge in the subject is able to understand and adopt your ideas.
3. To remain on the top of your game, you must continuously generate new ideas to write about your chosen topics. Use an RSS reader to subscribe to half a dozen feeds about subjects you are interested in. Spend an hour in the evening to go through those feed titles and read a few articles and some interesting comments in details. Reading a few articles will keep you up-to-date and enhance your knowledge. Reviewing comments will make you aware of pros and cons of ideas discussed in those articles.
4. There are lots of techniques to generate new ideas. If you perform a google search, you will come across a dozen or so. Select a few that best suits your personality and environment. Sign up for Google Docs and Spreadsheet and keep your ideas online. Delicious is a online bookmarking site. Post URLs of new ideas you want to explore further in Delicious and tag them using appropriate keywords. The benefit of online storage is that you will have access to your resources from any computer connected to the Internet.
5. Don’t use commercial in your articles and don’t put any links to promote your products. Write for your readers who are human. Don’t write for search engines. Give information for free that benefits your readers.
6. Spell check and review every article after 24 hours of its completion. If you want to be regarded as an expert in your fields by others, don’t publish anything with errors in spelling, punctuation, or grammar. Have someone proof read your article if you are unsure about your grammar skills. Read blog posts at copyblogger and dailywritingtips to improve your writing style and grammar skills.
7. Use a resource box attached to the end of the article. Don’t turn it into a commercial shoutbox. It should be used to reinforce your credibility as an expert author on your chosen topic.
8. Publish in article directories. Search in Google for article directory and pick half a dozen directories to publish your articles regularly.
9. Start a blog and publish your articles in your own blogs without the resource box.
10. Combine related articles to make an e-book with an attention-grabbing title and give it away for free. Contact others and encourage them to give your ebook as bonus items with their paid products